Setup...

Ask for help if you have problems with settings
administrator
Support

Re: Setup...

Post by administrator » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:22 am

How many torrents do you download/seed same time?

Teros

Post by Teros » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:19 pm

2-3 usually, I could do more, but it slows down my computer way too much if I do that.

Anyways, I don't know if I am setting this up right, however, it seems the settings for TRK are different depending on preference. I just wanted to test it out safely, don't need to overdo it, didn't see any topics on this particularly or how to go about finding out is right for the individual. If I did miss, it, please let me know where, otherwise I will just go with default settings.

Also, what are some of the better trackers to use, I live in the us, if that makes a difference.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:10 am

The idea is to avoid very high upload speed. Please check this topic.
Can I be banned?
You cannot be banned if you only use upload boost or "Seeder Mode" or "Emulate Upload Problems". Torrent trackers have no way of detecting these. If you use download boost, it will show that you are only downloading portions of files. It could look suspicious, but no one is banned for it at this time. Also, don't use the program all of the time. If your ratio is too high, it's not good. ;)
We've found that several Romanian, Russian, Indian, Chinese trackers can ban their users, if the upload increase is too high. For example, let's assume the maximum possible upload speed is 10MB/s in your country, and you are using 500% upload increase. Your speed will be 60MB/s, but admins know that there are no Internet Service Providers offering these speeds in your country. To avoid this problem, we recommend that you use "Seeder Mode", and no upload increase.

Teros

Post by Teros » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:50 am

well, mines at 75% upload 0% download, I'll just stick with the defaults. Since I don't really understand this well enough even with that post you had.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:56 am

It will slowly increase your ratio if you seed all the time. It's a good start. You can read about TRK settings and ask any questions on this forum. We will glad to help you :)

Teros

Post by Teros » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:01 am

alright cool, thanks