qBittorrent and SSL trackers

Discuss any information about Torrent Clients
gwolf2u

qBittorrent and SSL trackers

Post by gwolf2u » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Hey there,

Long time user of TRK here, yet this time I see there is a need for me to write about my issue.
So, one of the torrent trackers I use, got SSL encryption up for tracker, and since I use qBittorrent to run my torrenting stuff, I see that my "cheated" upload is no longer being reported properly due to encryption.
I know I can use uTorrent for this, yet uTorrent is missing a few things I need.
Now, am asking if there is going to be any more development done for this awesome app (that by they way am proud I paid for) to add support for qBittorrent (and hoping for maybe x64 bit app support)?
I can also provide support/testing if needed :)

Sincerely,
Gabriel

administrator
Support

Re: qBittorrent and SSL trackers

Post by administrator » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:49 am

Hi!

What OS do you use to run qBittorrent + TRK? :)

gwolf2u

Post by gwolf2u » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:37 pm

two years or so to reply :))
anyway, using TRK for years now and never disappoints me, however, I would like to get this sorted as more and more trackers are moving to SSL
so, there is an issue with TRK being able to fake stats on SSL trackers and qBitorrent (and more clients except uTorrent)
currently running Windows 10 and qBittorrent x86 version

@admin
if you still want to develop this, I'll be more then happy to help testing and all

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:17 am

two years or so to reply :))
Busy time :)

TRK supports ssl for uTorrent, Bittorrent and some other torrent clients. We don't plan to release new version with more torrent clients support soon, sorry.

gwolf2u

Post by gwolf2u » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:59 pm

only issue is that uTorrent is a mess when it comes to disk timing
tried changing lots of stuff from cache to advanced settings and qBittorrent is just faster
connects faster to peers, downloads in some cases (on same torrent from same tracker) with twice the speed
for example with uTorrent I can never pass ~60MB/s d/l while qBitorrent can do easy ~100MB/s
can't say is system spec issue or internet provider (all on SSD and Ryzen 9 5900X)

anyway, can respect your decision for not willing to develop this further
cheers

Waseem

Post by Waseem » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:53 am

It is really sad news to know that there is no further support and versions to support qBittorrent, which I also moved to after the Mess uTorrent added to their client.
I also bought TRK since many years now, but sadly I see no effect anymore by turning on the TRK :(

Thank you Admin for your support for all this years.