Upload stuck on 900 MB

Here you can find answers to various Torrent Ratio Keeper related questions.
trkuser

Upload stuck on 900 MB

Post by trkuser » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:27 am

Hi, I have been using TRK for a few days with various results. The most common issue is that it does not multiply the uploaded bytes by 6 (500%) but by something around 4 (300%). I have read that this is done by the program automatically to avoid being banned but no details are given about how the program determines this. Please, advise on how to force the program to use 500%. Otherwise, there is no need for a Monster version.

Secondly I noticed that TRK stops updating after around fake 900MB. Say I upload around 200 MB real, TRK makes that 900MB. I keep uploading another 200 MB. Wait for tracker update. No change on the tracker whatsoever. I keep uploading another 200 MB. No change on the tracker after tracker update. I tried this with different trackers with same results. Any idea?

Thanks

administrator
Support

Re: Upload stuck on 900 MB

Post by administrator » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:19 am

Hello.

We do it on purpose. People with slow connection or people who seed for 1-2 leechers small files cannot upload so many. TRK has something like "steps" inside. If you are going to seed a lot, you will seed more than 1gb for sure and TRK will increase upload traffic (Lets say you uploaded to Tracker users, DHT users). But if you don't upload much (less than 1gb) then tracker can suspect you in cheating.
You can get great results if you seed several or more torrents. Each of them will give you increase and total amount of uploaded data will very high.

trkuser

Re: Upload stuck on 900 MB

Post by trkuser » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:01 pm

Thanks, this makes perfect sense. I kind of guessed the "step" thing but I wasn't sure. Obviously the more you upload the more you can fake :) Thanks again!