Newbie Demonoid questions

Ask for information about Torrent Ratio Keeper and how it works
michael

Newbie Demonoid questions

Post by michael » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:47 am

I started testing a demo version of TRK Monster, and have been using it for few days, I have a Demonoid account but it seems it's not working, I login to Demonoid account a week ago, it showed my ratio as 0.06, then I start using TRK and today I went back in, and it showed ratio of 0.01!!! What I'm doing wrong, this is my setting:
- XP SP3
- TRK Monster 3.5
- upload set to 185%
- download set to 50% (set today, previously set to 0%)
- uTorrent 1.7.7

This is what I did: started uTorrent, then TRK, left them running. I did not left Demonoid account open (I don't think this is required in order to update the ratio, right?).

ps: according to Demonoid, the ratio is updated once a day, so I tested this for few days to see if it has been updated, but seems it's not working. Is there any other way to check if it's working?
Thanks for your comment/suggestion
Michael

administrator
Support

Re: Newbie Demonoid questions

Post by administrator » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:58 am

Hello,

1. What's your download and upload speeds?
2. How many torrents do you download at once?

It will allow me to calculate real and faked speeds. Maybe 185% upload increase is not enough if your upload is much lower than download.
This is what I did: started uTorrent, then TRK, left them running. I did not left Demonoid account open (I don't think this is required in order to update the ratio, right?).
You are correct. No need to keep demonoid page opened.

michael

Post by michael » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:45 am

administrator wrote:Hello,

1. What's your download and upload speeds?
2. How many torrents do you download at once?

It will allow me to calculate real and faked speeds. Maybe 185% upload increase is not enough if your upload is much lower than download.
You are correct. No need to keep demonoid page opened.
1. Currently my download speed is around 100KB and upload is around 6KB.
2. At most, I download 4 torrents at once, most of the time just 1-2.
Michael

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:40 am

1. Currently my download speed is around 100KB and upload is around 6KB.
2. At most, I download 4 torrents at once, most of the time just 1-2.
Your download is 16 times higher than upload. If you have 6 KB/s upload with 185% increase, its about 17 KB/s. It means your ratio will keep go down. You can try to increase upload to 309% and add 58-59% of downloaded to uploaded. It should help.

michael

Post by michael » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:35 am

administrator wrote: Your download is 16 times higher than upload. If you have 6 KB/s upload with 185% increase, its about 17 KB/s. It means your ratio will keep go down. You can try to increase upload to 309% and add 58-59% of downloaded to uploaded. It should help.
Thanks for your reply, sorry it's not clear what you mean by add 58-59% of downloaded to uploaded. Does it mean to decrease the upload speed by 58-59% in TRK or increase the upload speed in uTorrent?

It's still not clear for me how the ratio is updated, I have only account with Demonoid, so how the other trackers keep track of my ratio and report back to demonoid? I don't have account with those trackers and they don't know who I am, how can they update my ratio in demonoid?

Sorry for these dumb questions, I'm new to this.
Michael

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:35 am

Hi,
* "Add X-Y% of downloaded to uploaded" feature. It makes tracker count part of downloaded files as uploaded. It's a very good feature on torrents with many leechers. Try to use not wide range to make upload speed constant on the tracker's stats (Ex. 22-25%, 75-78%, etc).
Lets say you've downloaded 100mb, uploaded 5mb and "add 58-59% of downloaded to uploaded" is on. TRK will add 58-59mb to uploaded and torrent tracker will count 63-64mb (58 + 5).
It's still not clear for me how the ratio is updated, I have only account with Demonoid, so how the other trackers keep track of my ratio and report back to demonoid? I don't have account with those trackers and they don't know who I am, how can they update my ratio in demonoid?
Your torrent client counts downloaded/uploaded data size per torrent and after some period of time reports it to the tracker. All Demonoid torrents are reported to the Demonoid tracker only. Other torrents do nothing to Demonoid and couldn't affect Demonoid. TRK changes torrent client's report according to rules and passes it to the torrent tracker.

Please feel free to ask any questions. :)

michael

Post by michael » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:50 am

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Michael