What am I doing wrong?

Ask for information about Torrent Ratio Keeper and how it works
DemonicSoul

What am I doing wrong?

Post by DemonicSoul » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:41 am

Hello, I am running uTorrent 1.8.1 and I'm on a tracker that updates each time I exit my client.

I stop all my active torrents then exit my client and leave Torrent Ratio Keeper on and it doesn't work, the website updates with the original stats rather than Torrent Ratio Keeper's stats.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm new to this program so I don't know what I'm doing. :(

Thank you for the help!

administrator
Support

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by administrator » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:12 pm

Hello, DemonicSoul!
Torrent Ratio Keeper works only when you downloading from trackers, so your Torrent Client must be started.

DemonicSoul

Post by DemonicSoul » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:15 am

Hello admin, my torrent client is on, it is downloading from the tracker and Torrent Ratio Keeper is open also at the same time, but when I exit my client, the tracker updates its stats from uTorrent and not from Torrent Ratio Keeper, so I am obviously doing something wrong.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:49 pm

DemonicSoul wrote:Hello admin, my torrent client is on, it is downloading from the tracker and Torrent Ratio Keeper is open also at the same time, but when I exit my client, the tracker updates its stats from uTorrent and not from Torrent Ratio Keeper, so I am obviously doing something wrong.
Ok, we've got your problem. Please, answer some questions to help us find a cause.

1.Was tracker in the list of trackers of Torrent Ratio Keeper after you start downloading?
2. What traffic settings did you set for tracker?
3. Can you, please, send us an url of tracker?

We will test this tracker and try to find what is wrong.

Thank you for request!

Malcon

Post by Malcon » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:01 pm

I had such feeling too! Looks like Torrent Ratio Keeper is working, but all requests go from BitTorrent client. I see that TRK increases amout of uploaded traffic. Today BitTorrent uploaded about 1.2gb (red line on stats, "Daily uploaded traffic") and with trk it's 2.2gb (green line). :)

DemonicSoul

Post by DemonicSoul » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:41 pm

1.Was tracker in the list of trackers of Torrent Ratio Keeper after you start downloading?
2. What traffic settings did you set for tracker?
3. Can you, please, send us an url of tracker?

We will test this tracker and try to find what is wrong.

Thank you for request!
1.Yes.

2. I used 20% decrease in download settings and 500% speed in upload settings (my upload speed is very slow).

3. I have actually used 2 so far and none of them worked unfortunately, but here they are :

http://bt.xbox-sky.cc/

http://ilovetorrents.org/

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:28 pm

Thank you, DemonicSoul, we will test it today.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:38 am

Hello, DemonicSoul. We test tracker http://ilovetorrents.org/.
We downloaded 767Mb (real), and it's 590Mb with Torrent Ratio Keeper (attachment 1).
TRK.jpg
TRK stats
TRK.jpg (15.53 KiB) Viewed 32409 times
But in tracker stats it's only ~338Mb (attachment 2) - it's less than with our program. Same strange thing with uploaded traffic.
tracker.jpg
Tracker Stats
tracker.jpg (15.98 KiB) Viewed 32380 times
But we think the reason why traffic stats so strange is a tracker error - look at attachment 3. It has HTTP 400 error. This means that statistic may update incorrect.
uTorrent.jpg
uTorrent statistic
uTorrent.jpg (136.36 KiB) Viewed 32227 times
We will check second tracker today.

DemonicSoul

Post by DemonicSoul » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:38 pm

Thanks admin, is there any requirements/settings needed in order for Torrent Ratio Keeper to work?

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:01 pm

DemonicSoul wrote:Thanks admin, is there any requirements/settings needed in order for Torrent Ratio Keeper to work?
No, Torrent Ratio Keeper don't need any special requirments. Is it work ok for other trackers?