Another suggestion

Ask for information about Torrent Ratio Keeper and how it works
TRKuser001

Another suggestion

Post by TRKuser001 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:46 pm

I have purchase TRK now and am happy with it. There is just one more thing I would like to suggest.

If you have Decrease Downloaded Traffic set to 100%, so that it looks like you aren't downloading anything, you need to block the client from sending a 'completed' event to the tracker. Otherwise, it looks like you aren't downloading anything then suddenly you are done, potentially raising a big red flag somewhere.

administrator
Support

Re: Another suggestion

Post by administrator » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:42 pm

It's a great idea. We will add this feature in the next release.

TRKuser001

Post by TRKuser001 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:06 am

While I'm at it, here's something else I'll mention that maybe you can fix. Since I started using TRK I have come to depend on it. So it really messes me up if it stops working. And this has happened several times for different reasons.

The main cause is when my computer reboots. There is some problem with Windows and it crashes often. It is set to auto reboot and TRK and uTorrent are in my startup so if I'm not around everything should go back to normal. But there are at least two problems with TRK.

First, it doesn't remember your settings unless you close it properly. For instance, if you start TRK and all trackers are set to 25% upload increase and you change one of them to 50%, if TRK is closed improperly and is restarted the value goes back to 25%. Those values should be saved permanently as soon as you change them, not just when the program closes, because that event might not happen.

Secondly, if TRK cannot log in to verify its license it doesn't do anything. A couple times it hasn't been able to connect, maybe because your server is down or something, but my torrents can. So they can be running for hours with TRK doing nothing until I am able to check and realize what happened. Checking the license online is probably a clever protection system, but I'm sure a cracker could disable that. So it's not that much extra security and it can cause a lot of problems. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying don't make TRK stop working because of it. I'm sure you can come up with a better system. Have it work by default if it detects a local license and maybe only have it stop if it can't connect at least once a month. The license doesn't need to be verified every time.

As I said, I've been stung several times now and it has cost me hours of tedious work to figure out where I'm at and recover from it.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Hello,

We released new version - 3.9.7.
Updates:
* TRK hides "download complete" event from the tracker if download traffic decrease set to 100%.
* TRK saves trackers' settings after any rules modification.
* TRK auto-retries to login.

TRKuser001

Post by TRKuser001 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Beautiful

TRKuser001

Post by TRKuser001 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:26 am

As long as I'm at it I might as well mention one more thing. This is just a minor aesthetic detail, but I know you pay attention to details.

If you maximize the TRK window then minimize it to the tray, when you reopen the window again it goes back to its original size. Actually, it does so in a strange way by maximizing momentarily then reducing to the smaller size. Plus if you resize the window it doesn't remember it if you close and reopen the program. It goes back to its default size. This obviously isn't an urgent change, but I would like to see it remember the window size, whether it be maximized or resized.

Thanks for a great program.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:07 pm

We will fix it. Thank you.

TRKuser001

Post by TRKuser001 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:40 am

I might be a risk of wearing out my welcome here but I've thought of even more suggestions.

I was confused by the 'General' and 'Advanced' tab when I first started using TRK. Now I know I can just ignore the General tab altogether. Perhaps you could clean up the interface a bit and simplify the UI by combining the General and Advanced tabs into one, maybe called 'Settings'. This is just a thought, but initially the tab could look like the Advance tab with only the 'Default Settings' line listed. You could have your global settings available for this. But then have a check box that said something like 'Configure Trackers Individually' which when you check it would expand the list into what you see on the Advanced tab now. I haven't looked at the other editions so I don't if this idea would be compatible with their interface, but it's just another idea. Might require a bit more thought. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure I would like it since it would clutter up the Advanced tab that I use all the time.

The other thing that would be nice would be a high and low bounds for your 'Smart Traffic Multiplier'. You could even set these bounds in percentages like you use elsewhere. For instance, instead of setting Add 25% of downloaded to uploaded, you would set it to Add from 20% to 30%. Then you get a random value between those limits. You could eliminate the 'Disable the Smart Traffic Multiplier' option because to disable it you would just set the upper and lower limits both to 25%. This would allow you to increase the spread by setting wider limits, for instance from 15% to 35%, if you weren't comfortable with the range you were getting.

gwolf2u

Post by gwolf2u » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:11 pm

TRKuser001 wrote: The other thing that would be nice would be a high and low bounds for your 'Smart Traffic Multiplier'. You could even set these bounds in percentages like you use elsewhere. For instance, instead of setting Add 25% of downloaded to uploaded, you would set it to Add from 20% to 30%. Then you get a random value between those limits. You could eliminate the 'Disable the Smart Traffic Multiplier' option because to disable it you would just set the upper and lower limits both to 25%. This would allow you to increase the spread by setting wider limits, for instance from 15% to 35%, if you weren't comfortable with the range you were getting.
nice suggestion mate
even if I don't offer many suggestion here, I'm still active seeing new ideas of this app and must say this one would be nice to have
a random upload percentage would be cool, and even more hard for trackers to keep tracking you

I agree that usually upload speed is "random" (since you are not always connected to same peers) and this can cause random flows in upload speed, but this function would enable to strengthen the real upload speed detection

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Hello,

I wrote a PM to TRKuser001 but no reply yet. I've got your point about it and it's good indeed. On the other hand we reports about users that TRK interface is not clear and new users have problems - many settings, many features.
Please write us if you have any ideas about making TRK interface simple and powerful same time.

Thank you for your time.