Another suggestion

Ask for information about Torrent Ratio Keeper and how it works
TRKuser001

Re: Another suggestion

Post by TRKuser001 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:11 am

Sorry I missed your replies as I haven't check these boards in a while.

I don't have any way to survey others about the interface, I just know what I like. You have already fixed most of the important things I suggested, the rest was just food for thought.

There is one critical thing which has not been fixed yet, though, and that is the sudden disabling of functionality when the license isn't valid. I know you have tried to improve the login method, but I have been stung yet again.

Here's what happened. I received an email that said I had to enter the License Key again. So I restarted TRK and entered the key and it logged in and looked like everything was ok. But there was still some message in red about the full version on the Advanced tab. I just thought it was a bug because it didn't say trial version anywhere and the 'enter license key' option was gone. Well I guess it never did register properly because it eventually expired. This shouldn't have been too big a deal, but it was, because as soon as there is a license problem the whole thing stops working.

So next time I look suddenly I've got a dozen hit n runs. I'm not as upset now because I've mostly recovered, but let me tell you I was not a happy chappy. I will say again, why be so strict about disabling everything the second anything goes wrong? If the license expires don't disable the program while it's still running. Just make it so it won't work next time you start it. Ok, that might give someone a couple extra days of usage if they don't close the program, but everyone shuts down eventually. Or maybe bring up a nag screen when it expires. Just don't stop it from working.

Maybe this doesn't seem so important because it should only be a one time occurrence, but somehow I seem to keep coming across these one time occurrences. Before it was the server connection, now it's a registration problem. I'm just worried about what's going to happen next. I've almost never had a problem with other registered software suddenly not working, but it seems to keep happening with TRK.

administrator
Support

Re: Another suggestion

Post by administrator » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Hello,

We are working on it. Soon we will release update that will keep all settings on for several days and TRK will warn user if any problems found.