Are my settings correct?

Ask for information about Torrent Ratio Keeper and how it works
Sluggo Smith

Are my settings correct?

Post by Sluggo Smith » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:56 pm

I´m all new to Torrent Ratio Keeper, actually just paid my license today:-). I have a question about some of the settings. I put Increase Uploaded Traffic at 75%, one megabyte uploaded equals 1.75 megabyte. I put Decrease Downloaded Traffic at 100%, one megabyte downloaded equals zero megabyte downloaded. So far it looks good. But when i check Real Uploaded/With Keeper and Real Downloaded/With Keeper it says i´ve downloaded 100 megabyte even if Decrease Downloaded Traffic is at 100% and uploaded 74.4 megabyte Real Upload and 81.9 With Keeper even if Increase Uploaded Traffic is at 75%. OK, i admit that math was not my strongest class in school, but i cant get these figures to relate? Also my ratio on the site went down from 4.341 to 4.337, and that cant be correct with my settings? Please explain this for me.

administrator
Support

Re: Are my settings correct?

Post by administrator » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:38 am

Hello.

Please, read this topic.

Do you see same values on torrent site as on "With Keeper"?

Sluggo Smith

Post by Sluggo Smith » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:07 am

OK, i think i get the hang of it now. Even if i configure settings to my preferences TRK still intervenes and instead uses settings that are more likely to pass unrecognized by trackers.

Also putting a high upload multiple and using 0% download decrease makes it more likely to avoid getting caught by trackers.

Have i got that correct?

My problem is that i have a fairly good ratio on some trackers, because of the fact that i earlier had a very high upload speed and very easy could seed 3-400% of each downloaded file. Now that has changed and my upload speed is frustratingly low and it is no longer possible for me to even keep a 1:1 ration on stuff i download. :(

Now i want to keep my ratio but not neccessary improve it. Just keep it at the 2.5-5.5 ratio i have. What would be the best settings to use to achieve that goal? I´ve been using a "modified" torrent client for pretty long time that does not report any downloads/uploads at all to the tracker and it still works a 100% perfect. Using that one keeps my ratio at the same level as if i never downloads/uploads anything. The problem is that the client are getting very outdated now, it lacks a good deal of the latest torrent clients features so i am in need of a better solution. Thats why i bought a license for TRK, but so far TRK fails to keep my ratio, instead it slowly decrease it.

Anyway, i really like the idea of making a program like this. :D I am sure there are ways to make it help me in the way i want, i just need to learn more about settings. Any help with that would be much appreciated.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:20 pm

Sluggo Smith wrote:OK, i think i get the hang of it now. Even if i configure settings to my preferences TRK still intervenes and instead uses settings that are more likely to pass unrecognized by trackers.

Also putting a high upload multiple and using 0% download decrease makes it more likely to avoid getting caught by trackers.

Have i got that correct?
You are correct. You can play with download decrease. I'm using TRK myself every day and it's fine with 500% upload increase and 75% download decrease, but tracker admins can see decrease if they will start to check you (it's possible only if you download something from torrent with 1-5 seeds and no leechers except you).
Sluggo Smith wrote: Anyway, i really like the idea of making a program like this. :D I am sure there are ways to make it help me in the way i want, i just need to learn more about settings. Any help with that would be much appreciated.
Please, try 300-500% upload increase and try to seed a bit. :)

Sluggo Smith

Post by Sluggo Smith » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:46 am

Thank you admin for helping me understand the mechanism behind your program better. I´ll follow your advices.

Sluggo Smith

Post by Sluggo Smith » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:44 am

After fiddling around with the settings for a while i think i´ve found whats the ultimate ones for me. The program works very well now, but it took a bit of tweaking. Thank you Admin, and all involved in this. Keep up the good work!

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:36 am

We glad that you like TRK. Thank you.