Deluge config problem

Ask for help if you have problems with settings
LimRino

Deluge config problem

Post by LimRino » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Hi! I'm using the Trial version of TRK to test it before purchase it.
I use Debian Wheezy and openjdk7 virutal machine.

After configuring TRK and deluge client, (I followed this post: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=224&p=470) it still not working.
I get the following message: Tracker Status: Error: Connection reset by remote host", and I can't upload or download anything.
I tried to add a public torrent to test, It works, I think, but I cannot see any information about the download or the new tracker in the TRK GUI.

I attached some screens from my config and TRK.
Deluge proxy config:

Torrent Ratio Keeper Config:
I added all the trackers listed.

I'm using my lan IP, because the deluge daemon is running in a centralized Samba PC, and JRK in my own PC.
I tried to run it from command line in the Samba, but I get the same errors.

Telnet (From my own pc and samba):

Code: Select all

$ telnet localhost 3562
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
Thanks in advance,
Greetings!
Last edited by LimRino on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

administrator
Support

Re: Deluge config problem

Post by administrator » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:31 am

Hello,

Do you have Deluge and TRK on same pc? Try to change 192.168.0.30 to 127.0.0.1 please. TRK doesn't allow connections from other IPs to avoid using your PC as http proxy.

LimRino

Post by LimRino » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Hello, thanks for your response.
Yes, I tried running the deluge daemon and TRK on same computer. I also tested "localhost" or "127.0.0.1", I get the same result.

Off-Topic: One comment about this post: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=224&p=470 .
Inside the configuration, you use "127.0.0.1:3012" as host and 8080 as port. I tried that, and it doesn't seem to work, deluge cannot resolve the host.

Thanks again for your time.
Greetings!

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:56 pm

Thanks for the comment about Deluge's screenshot. I've tested Deluge on Ubuntu today with this settings:

TRK and Deluge are running on same PC. Can you try to run them in such configuration one more time please?
Does it work for you?
If torrent tracker is http:// tracker, then it should work great.

LimRino

Post by LimRino » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:33 am

Hello! I've testing some confings and I think I got it.I don't know why, but it seems that deluge doesn't like, sometimes, the "localhost" hostname. If u try "127.0.0.1" instead, it finally works.

I use TRK in private trackers (w/user & pass), do I need to use "HTTP w/auth" proxy? Or always HTTP proxy?

Another question: I'll use TRK in console mode, is there any way to modify per-tracker options from command line?

Thanks for all your help!

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:47 am

Hello.
I use TRK in private trackers (w/user & pass), do I need to use "HTTP w/auth" proxy? Or always HTTP proxy?
You need to set HTTP proxy on Deluge. TRK doesn't ask for login/password. This is proxy auth settings and its not related to torrent tracker.
Another question: I'll use TRK in console mode, is there any way to modify per-tracker options from command line?
The best way to setup TRK is to use GUI and then you can copy rules.xml to another PC or run TRK in console mode.

Feel free to ask any questions. :)