Tracker Settings

Ask for help if you have problems with settings
MrTen

Tracker Settings

Post by MrTen » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi I am new.I have dsl and I currently use increase upload speed to 1000%, decrease download speed to 0%, and add 51% - 1% of downloaded to uploaded. I am confused because I am downloading a ~1 gb file and my seeder mode is checked so that would mean I am uploading something I never downloaded? Also I don't know what values to put in "Make sure that your faked upload increase speed for torrent tracker doesn't exceed __-__"?

administrator
Support

Re: Tracker Settings

Post by administrator » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:18 am

Hi,
and add 51% - 1% of downloaded to uploaded
Does TRK add 51-1 or 51-51? I suggest to set 51-51% or 51-52% because it looks more natural and it helps to avoid "speed jumps".
I am confused because I am downloading a ~1 gb file and my seeder mode is checked so that would mean I am uploading something I never downloaded?
You are correct. If Seeder mode is on, torrent tracker thinks that you have the file already (from other tracker or cd/dvd/etc) and your torrent client is ready to upload it. Its good feature for many trackers except iptorrents, what.cd and several others. They are trying to ban users who always seed and never download. Its ok to use this feature from time to time to keep the ratio high.
Also I don't know what values to put in "Make sure that your faked upload increase speed for torrent tracker doesn't exceed __-__"?
This feature is still in beta and can be unstable. We left it for people who like to experiment. It tries to limit all torrents upload to specified speed. Its good idea to seed/download 1-5 torrents at once because its easy to count max possible upload speed. If you have more torrents and high upload increase its much harder. This feature helps in this case but its still in test mode.

Feel free to ask any questions :)