Need little help with the settings!

Ask for help if you have problems with settings
ratiohack

Need little help with the settings!

Post by ratiohack » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Hi, my upload speed is .20 of my download speed of which I only devote like 70% in utorrent. I need a keep atleast 0.5 ratio in a certain tracker.

I tested for 15 mins with these settings and they worked very well
Increase uploaded traffic: 0%
Decrease downloaded traffic: 0%
seeder mode: unchecked
Emulate upload problems: unchecked
Disable Smart traffic multiplier: checked(Should i allow smart traffic multiplier?)
Add _45_ % to _50_ % f downloaded data as upload : checked
Make sure fake upload speed doesn't increase beyond 100-150 kBps per torrent: checked
Since 0.5 is the minimum needed, should i increase upload statistics beyond 45-50%? (Is it safe when i'm practically not uploading at all)
The minimum requirements is 0.5 and I want to just maintain that. Will using complete seeder mode be too much of ratio?
Also if i increase the statistics beyond 45-50%, should i then change "Make sure fake upload speed doesn't increase beyond 100-150 kBps per torrent" as well?
Please suggest the best settings for me so i have atleast the ratio to get the maximum download speed i can get.
Thankyou

PS: my upload speed 50kBps
download speed: 250 kBps

One more question, do i have to close or press the stop button in TRK after exiting utorrent? Can i keep TRK running all time in tray and run utorent only when I need (My utorrent is scheduled to start and exit at specific times)

administrator
Support

Re: Need little help with the settings!

Post by administrator » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:58 am

Hi,
Also if i increase the statistics beyond 45-50%, should i then change "Make sure fake upload speed doesn't increase beyond 100-150 kBps per torrent" as well?
Its a bit suspicious if you are uploading 45-50% all the time. Most users don't do it. I suggest you to add 41-42% and increase upload on 80%. This way your upload will be more "natural". Even if you have NAT, your torrent client is uploading something and upload increase will work. Its good idea to use "Make sure fake upload speed doesn't increase beyond 100-150 kBps per torrent" to avoid too high speed. Please send me PM with the torrent tracker's name and I will give you more information if we've tested TRK on it.
One more question, do i have to close or press the stop button in TRK after exiting utorrent? Can i keep TRK running all time in tray and run utorent only when I need (My utorrent is scheduled to start and exit at specific times)
We've added "Stop" button for users who is going to experiment with the trackers/accounts or need just upload/download stats without cheating. No need to press it in other cases. :)

ratiohack

Post by ratiohack » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:11 pm

thankyou for replying, I've now put upload speed increase to 80% and 41-42% of my download to be added to upload statistics. These settings seem pretty good for me.
I also want to know if i should allow smart traffic multiplier? Its currently disabled.

I've noticed higher download speeds when i'm uploading much and lower speed when i'm not. Is it true or just my imagination? So, is it utorrent or the tracker which decides how much the seeds should upload to me?
I've PMed you the tracker name, please reply.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:22 pm

ratiohack wrote:I also want to know if i should allow smart traffic multiplier? Its currently disabled.
Leave it disabled please. You are using speed limitation per torrent and it makes enough randomization to your upload.
ratiohack wrote: I've noticed higher download speeds when i'm uploading much and lower speed when i'm not. Is it true or just my imagination? So, is it utorrent or the tracker which decides how much the seeds should upload to me?
I've PMed you the tracker name, please reply.
You are correct. We saw that few trackers give more seeds for people with higher ratio/higher upload speed. Also we've found that uTorrent acts strange: if you limit your upload (like 1kb/s), your download goes down. Its good to set limit to 5kb/s minimum to get the best download speed.