Question before I buy it

Ask for help if you have problems with settings
Waseem

Question before I buy it

Post by Waseem » Fri May 13, 2011 8:05 pm

My trial period of TRK Monster is over, and I want to be sure about my settings and if they are dangerous and easy to be detected by torrent sites administers, before I decide to buy the program..

My settings are as following :

Under Tracker Settings
My uploaded traffic is increased to 75%
My downloaded traffic has no change.

Under Expert Settings
Add 151 - 159 % of downloaded to uploaded

This are my settings.. Are they fine and safe to use or do I have to change something to make it more stealthy ? The reason why I added that much of Uploaded % is that my Upload speed is only ~1.3 Mbits/s while my download speed is ~30 Mbits/s .

Thanks in advance!

administrator
Support

Re: Question before I buy it

Post by administrator » Fri May 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Hello,

Here is a question from our FAQ:
Can I be banned?
You cannot be banned if you only use upload boost or "Seeder Mode" or "Emulate Upload Problems". Torrent trackers have no way of detecting these. If you use download boost, it will show that you are only downloading portions of files. It could look suspicious, but no one is banned for it at this time. Also, don't use the program all of the time. If your ratio is too high, it's not good. ;)
We've found that several Romanian, Russian, Indian, Chinese trackers can ban their users, if the upload increase is too high. For example, let's assume the maximum possible upload speed is 10MB/s in your country, and you are using 500% upload increase. Your speed will be 60MB/s, but admins know that there are no Internet Service Providers offering these speeds in your country. To avoid this problem, we recommend that you use "Seeder Mode", and no upload increase.
What's the max upload speed in your country? How long did you use these settings? Tracker can detect you by unreal high upload speed. If administrator knows that its unreal speed, he can suspect you. Your download speed is high (~30MBits/s) and it makes your upload speed 45MBit/s. If its too high speed for your ISP, I suggest you to use from time to time Seeder mode (to hide download and count only upload) and make lower "Adding uploaded to downloaded", like 83-84%.

Waseem

Post by Waseem » Sat May 14, 2011 1:05 am

Thanks for the reply.

First, I want to correct my Down and Up speed : down 25 mbit , up 1.5 mbit

Second, I don't know what is the highest speed available in my country, but the company which provides me the internet its highest upload speed is 10 mbit. I don't know if there is other company that offer faster. But I will look.

I have used this settings for about 3 weeks now in different trackers.

The problem about Seeder Mode is that all the trackers I am in don't give seeders when I am seeding. I would really love to use this option alone if I can get seeders to download from.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sat May 14, 2011 5:11 am

If you have used these settings for 3 weeks, you can leave them as is. I would suggest you to decrease them a bit as I mentioned before to stay safe.

About Seeder mode problem you can read here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=234

If you cannot download anything with Seeder mode, it means tracker has protection against this method.

Waseem

Post by Waseem » Sat May 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Thank you for your help.

Something strange happened when I started TRK , I changed my settings to :
300% Uploaded traffic increase
Checked Seeder Mode
added 43-44% of downloaded to uploaded (instead of 151-159)

Then hit the "Apply to all trackers" button .. Tried a torrent in one of private trackers, and waited till the download was finished.. I noticed that the tracker counted my download, is this suppose to happen when I check "Seeder Mode" ? I am even surprised that the tracker gave me seeders because this didn't happen before when I was checking that Mode.

Any explanation please ?

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sat May 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Did you set Seeder mode before downloading torrent? We suggest to set any settings before any download/upload to avoid speed jumps. If you set Seeder mode before any upload or download, please send me PM with torrent tracker's name and we will try to check TRK with it.

Tracker shouldn't count any download if Seeder mode is on.

Waseem

Post by Waseem » Sat May 14, 2011 2:51 pm

PM sent. Thank you!