Is it safe to do this option ?

Ask for help if you have problems with settings
Waseem

Is it safe to do this option ?

Post by Waseem » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:47 am

Hello!

I am currently trying the Monster version 4.2 , and tried to download from a tracker with seeder mode only, but the tracker doesn't give me any seeder to download from.
Therefore I unchecked the seeder mode to download my torrent, but there is no singe leecher for this torrent.. My question is :

If I check the option "Add _ _ - _ _ % of downloaded to uploaded" under the "Expert Settings" and set the amount to 100% , will this be dangerous for me and get me banned from the site ? Will they catch me doing that specially that there is no single leecher for this torrent ?

Best Regards!

administrator
Support

Re: Is it safe to do this option ?

Post by administrator » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Hello,
Waseem wrote: I am currently trying the Monster version 4.2 , and tried to download from a tracker with seeder mode only, but the tracker doesn't give me any seeder to download from.
It's tracker's protection. Please check our FAQ section: http://www.torrentratiokeeper.com/faq/
FAQ wrote: I cannot download anything from tracker when Seeder Mode is on.
Tracker sees your Torrent Client as a seeder because the torrent client doesn't send any reports about downloaded files. A few torrent trackers don't give seeds for the seeders. If Seeder Mode is on you will have low download speed or no downloading at all on these trackers.
Waseem wrote:Therefore I unchecked the seeder mode to download my torrent, but there is no singe leecher for this torrent.. My question is :

If I check the option "Add _ _ - _ _ % of downloaded to uploaded" under the "Expert Settings" and set the amount to 100% , will this be dangerous for me and get me banned from the site ? Will they catch me doing that specially that there is no single leecher for this torrent ?
We would not recommend it. This tracker has protection from Seeder's mode and it's possible that it detects fake upload if no leechers. You should try to cheat on another torrent with several leechers.
Waseem wrote:and set the amount to 100%
Please try to set more natural % like 87% or 32% or something like this. 100%, 50%, 25%, etc are too easy to see if admin checks your profile. It's good idea to try low % (<40%) if you just started.

Waseem

Post by Waseem » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Thank you for your great reply.

Yes I know about some trackers have protection and don't give seeders when I seed, that wasn't my question actually, what I wanted to ask was about that option under the Expert Settings and you clarified it to me.

Thank you.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:13 pm

You are welcome. Feel free to ask any questions or suggest new features. :)