optimal upload and download settings

Ask for help if you have problems with settings
Malcon

optimal upload and download settings

Post by Malcon » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:31 pm

Hello, i have a question about setting Upload increase and Download decrease levels. As I understand, if i will set it both to 100% it will mean that i will upload more than 100% and download less than 100%, am I right?
What are the optimal settings for this?

administrator
Support

Re: optimal upload and download settings

Post by administrator » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:05 pm

Malcon wrote:Hello, i have a question about setting Upload increase and Download decrease levels. As I understand, if i will set it both to 100% it will mean that i will upload more than 100% and download less than 100%, am I right?
What are the optimal settings for this?
Hello, Malcon! Yes, you are right. If you'll set Upload Increase level to 100% and Download decrease level to 100% it will means that your uploaded traffic will more than 100% (i.e. increase 2 times) and download one less than 100% (i.e. decrease 2 times).

Optimal values depends on your current torrent ratio. You know, than higher will be difference between uploaded and downloaded traffic, than higher will be your ratio.
But, don't be greedy :) If your ratio is enough for downloading, you don't need to use program all time you downloading files.

VIC10000

Post by VIC10000 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:24 pm

What's highest increase percent?

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:35 pm

VIC10000 wrote:What's highest increase percent?
Now it depends of version, in "Noob" increase percent limited to 75%, for "Leecher" it's up to 250% and for "Monster" - 500%.

Malcon

Post by Malcon » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:12 pm

administrator wrote:Now it depends of version, in "Noob" increase percent limited to 75%, for "Leecher" it's up to 250% and for "Monster" - 500%.
Tnx for "Noob" version! As like for me :)

appman

Post by appman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:44 pm

my ratio is set to med setting but i can not get past 1.56GB thru my torrent app.
mac beta. the download increases but upload stays the same 1.56GB??

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Hello.

Do you see the torrent tracker on the list? It should show real and faked traffic for uploading and downloading. The faked traffic sent to the torrent tracker. Many trackers have recent stats and you can see and compare values.

Octopus3d

Post by Octopus3d » Tue May 04, 2010 6:47 pm

in TRK (monster), I see that my numbers stay the same as I hit the reset button on the computer by mistake and when I reboot, they stay the same. I am using Vuze and it apears that my Torrent tracker updates once a day (or at least they state that my Ratio is updated daily). How does all of this actually happen. Does the TRK keep the numbes and report when the torrent does, or have I lost my data if the computer got shut off before it was reported?

Forgive me if I do not know alot about this, but interestingly enough, your product and testing of it is forcing me to learn more. Thanks.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Tue May 04, 2010 9:04 pm

You can reset TRK counters to see stats clear (lets say you changed account and want to see stats for new account only). These counters doesn't affect the tracker and useful for watching your ratio boosting.

Torrent Ratio Keeper changes traffic reports from your Torrent Client. If Vuze cannot report to tracker about download or uploaded data, then tracker cannot count it. TRK doesn't store any data about torrents (just tracker names and settings). If you have any questions feel free to ask.